How to Upgrade Your Parents’ Home for Aging in Place
Do you have an elderly parent or loved one who lives alone?
Do you or a loved one have mobility issues? Are you worried about their risk of injury, or just their ability to take good care of themselves?
Are you considering making some home modifications?
Around 90 percent of seniors plan on living in their own home for at least five to 10 years after turning 65, according to AARP.
According to Consumer Affairs, these are the most popular DIY home improvements you can make to your loved one’s home:
1. Install grab bars
2. Add outdoor ramps
3. Install a bathroom heat lamp
4. Consider life alert technology
5. Replace faucets with touchless technology
6. Update your flooring
7. Improve your lighting
8. Replace doorknobs with lever-style handles
If your loved one isn’t able to safely stay in their home anymore, it may be time to think about making the switch to independent living.
Enhanced Homes for Independent Living in Plymouth
At Plymouth Terrace, we strive to provide the best level of care for you and your loved ones.
Room & Board includes:
- Weekly housekeeping and laundry services based on lifestyle option
- All utilities (except telephone); includes Satellite TV with 30 channels; Wi-Fi internet
- Dining choices with three chef prepared meals per day, snacks and refreshments
- 1:1 life enrichment and enhanced memory programming available
- Escorts to meals and activities
- Caregiver removes trash daily, makes bed & provides clean towels daily
- Resident receives wellness checks every hour
- Medication administration by a licensed professional nurse 1-3 times daily
- Nurses on site 24/7 for wellness visits & urgent medical concerns
Activities of Daily Living Services:
Levels are determined by a registered nurse and are based upon activities of daily living care needs.
Get Started Today: Schedule a Tour
We can help give your family peace of mind. When you’re at home you’ll know your loved one is taken care of and in good hands. Plymouth Terrace – “Where our family shares life with your family!” We warmly invite you to see the difference we can make when your family shares life with our family. Schedule a tour of Plymouth Terrace today– a facility for independent living in Plymouth.
Contact us for more information about independent living or assisted living offered at Plymouth Terrace.