8 Essential Questions to Ask Yourself Before Becoming a Caregiver
Are you thinking about becoming a caregiver for a senior loved one?
The truth is, being a full-time caregiver can affect your emotional, mental, and physical health. It can have unforeseen effects on your relationship with your parent as well as your relationships with others.
According to A Place for Mom, being prepared for the potential changes of caregiving means asking yourself these important questions:
- Am I financially prepared for the extra costs of caregiving?
- Am I really capable of taking care of Dad or Mom all by myself? Do I need to hire home care or consider assisted living?
- Do I have the social support and resources I’m going to need?
- How will caregiving affect my physical and mental health?
- If my parent has dementia and can no longer filter their behavior, will I be able to cope with potentially hurtful words or actions?
- Will I be able to allow myself to accept help and take breaks?
- Will I be able to cut back on work responsibilities during those times when I need to care for my parent?
- Will I be able to make time for myself and my family?
Are You Prepared to Take on This Responsibility?
At Plymouth Terrace Senior Living, we treat you like family because you are family! If your senior loved one is in desperate need of assistance, you may want to consider assisted living.
Don’t be afraid to admit that you need help.
At Plymouth Terrace, we offer the following services to help assist you in elderly care:
- Dining options with up to three chef-prepared meals a day, as well as snacks and refreshments
- Weekly Housekeeping and laundry services based on lifestyle option
- Scheduled local transportation
- Round-the-clock security, nurse, and staff support
- Individual wellness check by a nurse each month
- Case management and regular communication with family as needed
- On-site physician visits each week
- On-site physical and occupational therapy
- On-site dental, vision, podiatry, weekly lab draws and x-ray available
Chef Prepared Meals at Plymouth Terrace Senior Living
We provide your adult relatives with a variety of nutritious meals, including diabetes-friendly options. Proper nutrition goes a long way toward improving these seniors’ quality of life.
Weighing Your Options When it Comes to Assisted Living?
Consider your loved one's current needs and future needs when weighing options for assisted living in Plymouth. If you or a loved one already need significant assistance, a community that provides the right level of care is critical. On the other hand, if you’re perfectly healthy today but want to prepare for the unknown, a community that provides a range of medical attention and support is a great choice.
Tour Our Facility for Assisted Living in Plymouth: Schedule Your Tour Today!
If you’ve noticed changes in your loved one and their already a resident at Hillside Terrace, please don’t hesitate to contact our staff with your concerns. Our residents are family, and our goal is to ensure their needs are addressed quickly and completely.
If you’re interested in learning more about Plymouth Terrace or scheduling a tour, contact us today! 734-451-0700